Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Journey to a Teaching Career

Today I am one step closer to getting placed in my student teaching portion of my schooling. Yesterday I had an interview with the area coordinator (Sally Green) to discuss my placement and preferences. It went really well. I even told her that I might want to teach in a Catholic School someday so she is going to work on placing me in a student teaching postition at a Catholic school for one of my student teaching semesters. I am really excited and cannot wait to see where I get placed. She told me at the meeting that I would need to turn in a resume to her to better my chances at getting placed out of state. So I turned it in today and now just have to wait. She told me that I should know by spring break where I am placed so that I can meet with my teacher and introduce myself and get aquainted. I am so very excited and cannot wait to hear more on this issue. Oh, today I also had my fingerprints taken. This is also one of the steps to becoming a student teacher. I think it went well, and I think they turned out. This was good news because my sister was the hardest persons fingerprints to get last year! I was nervous, but they said mine looked good, so we will see!

No comments: