Monday, December 22, 2008

Weather is Messing With My Plans



So today I was supoposed to host a Christmas Party with all of my highschool girlfriends that are all back in town. As you may be able to guess from the title of my blog, this is not going to happen. Well, I can make it down my driveway but that is about it. Our mailbox is completely burried in snow and the road has 5 foot snow drifts! There is no way I am going to make it into town. I am so bummed. I was excited to see all of my friends. We always get together and go to lunch or dinner around Christmas. This year we were going to do an ornament exchange. Well, it is getting postponed until after Christmas now. Oh well, the point is we will all get to see each other eventually. It is suposed to stop snowing at noon today and then warm up until Wednesday, then bring on the snow again until Sunday. Wow... so much snow! But if it warms up and makes the snow heavier it won't drift which will be so nice. The snow is just so light and fluffy right now that it blows everywhere and creates drifts. Speaking of light snow... Raymond, my 13 year old brother, thought the snow looked so soft that he decided to jump off of our upper deck into the snow below. Let me just say after Raymonds moaning and groaning... do not try to do a belly flop into the snow from a 10 foot landing! There were no broken bones luckily but the wind was knocked out of him for a good 2 minutes. And no... my parents were not sitting here watching him do it... they were gone Christmas shopping and my other brothers were telling Ray "Do it, Do it, Do it"! Well this is the end of my winter maddness rant and rave. Talk at you all soon again.


This is the pile of snow Ray belly flopped onto. It has grown a few inches since he jumped, but you get the idea.

This is our roof... it has just a little bit of snow on it. My dad just shoveled our roof two days ago and it already has 4 feet of snow on it again!

No comments: