Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Songs That Take Me Back

Whever I hear any Spice Girls song it takes me back to when I was in 5th grade. Me, my sister and my neighbors all were a Spice girl and we would dance and sing on the Kine's driveway. We made up dances and everything to go along with every song. Summer nights were the best in that neighborhood. I hope that when I have kids I live in an amazing neighborhood!

Another song that takes me back is Cant Touch This. My little sister Katie and I made up a dance to Cant Touch This when I was a Junior in high school. The song came on the radio in the car and we both just started dancing and happened to do the same moves! It was so crazy that we had to make up a dance with the rest of our bodies and show it to my mom. To this day Katie and I still know the dance. Now my mom and I have a memory with Cant Touch This too because when I was a Freshman in college Jon was over and the song came on and my mom and I started dancing, apparently there is something weird about the way we dance cause Jon could not stop laughing.

Dont Take the Girl by Tim McGraw reminds me of Jon everytime I hear it. He loves this song and knows every word! The first time I heard him sing it was when I was driving in my car with him. During the part of the song where the mom almost dies giving birth Jon teared up and stopped singing and after the song he said that part is too sad cause he never wants that to happen to me. It was so sweet and I love this song!

So many songs take me back but there is just not enough time to write about them all. I am supposed to be studying for my ICLA test at 4:30 but I decided not to. Maybe I should go do that.

No comments: