Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentines Day

I seems the most obvious topics are the ones we forget to write about. Everyone has been writing about Valentines Day even though it was a while ago now. Well my Valentines Day story is very long, so grab a warm drink and cuddle up!

So, on Friday Jon and I got to Spokane only to find my mom waiting in the driveway saying goodbye to a carfull of my siblings. My mom told me SHe packed my skis too and just sent them off with Katie and Joey. I told my mom I didnt know what she was talking about only to realize they had planned a family vacation weekend at Schweitzer Mountain without telling Jon and I. It was a huge mistake, they would love us to go with them and my mom was even telling me that Jon and I were riding up with her. Well, Tommy forgot to tell me that we were going to Schweitzer and my mom thought Tommy told me, but Tommy thought my mom would have told me. So anyway. Jon and i decide to go up with them for a night. So we pack up some clothes, our ski stuff, and get on the road. Jon skied on Saturday and I stayed home looking up places to go out to eat for dinner in Sandpoint. Then I got ready and curled my hair and everything. I was so excited.

Around four we leave the condo and go down on our way to Sandpoint. We get to the first restaurant and it was like an old hotel, old folks home feel! GROSS! So we turned around just as fast as we opened the door. The second restaurant was just as bad. So the third place was an Italian place that smelled SO good. Of course they were full for the night. So we spent another 30 minutes looking around Sandpoint before we decided to just head to Spokane.

We called 10 different places on the way to Spokane and everywhere was full. Red Robin looked like it was going to be the winner. So we went to Red Robin and it was actually really nice. After Red Robin we went to the store and I got wine and chocolate covered strawberries. Then we went to Jon's dad's house (his dad was out of town). Then we went into the hot tub and relaxed with chocolate covered strawberries and wine. It was SO amazing.

After the hot tub we came inside and watched a movie. Jon's step mom burns DVD's so they have TONS of movies. We watched Wall-e because neither of us had seen it and we heard it was good. It was actually really cute. Then it was off to bed. In the morning Jon took me to Breakfast at the Train. So fun. It was a great Valentines Day! Could not have asked for a better Valentines Day!

I love you Jon!

1 comment:

Books = Possibilities said...

Oh! Sounds like you two had a great Valentines Day! That is great! Hot tub and chocolate covered strawberries...very romantic!